Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

Squash it!

So I got an amazing organic winter squash from the farmers market...



Then I scooped out the seeds...




( I did roast the seeds, but got distracted and they burned)

Then I cut the squash and placed it cut side down in a pan with enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.





I roasted the squash in a 350 degree oven uncovered for 40 min.




It was a little over done and lived up to it's name...




Some decent chunks and squashy ones... Jack ate it up like a champ!
He has a pretty good pincer grip, so I made the shapes all different sizes to keep it interesting.





Now there's a look of satisfaction! Messy messy good times:)


Squash facts:
High Carbohydrate food, very high in vitamins A and C and some amounts of potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron! They do have a mild diuretic action, so keep the quantity in check. The phytonutrients: beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, cucubitacins, pectin and squalene are all present ... Eat 'em up!


No comments:

Post a Comment