Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

asparagus!





In case you're wondering what the towel-looking things are behind Jack, they are in fact rolled up towels. It's my ingenious husband's solution for our little bean slouching in his chair for still being said little bean.

So asparagus does make a babies diaper smell.
It's also the best finger food for a little person. I steamed these for jack. ( I then lightly saute'd  a few for Sean and I in lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper) The three of us sat down to a nice lunch of asparagus and blueberries! I wasn't sure how Jack would take to these, but he ate them with such gusto that I was at once confident that we had something he was into! I will have these on the menu for our little man again for sure!

Asparagus facts:

  • good amounts of vitamin C, Vitamin A, sulfur, folic acid and potassium
  • has some iron, calcium, magnesium, iodine and zinc
  • high in protein 
  • good fiber food
  • the amino acid asparagine is responsible for the strange smell our urine takes on after eating asparagus
  • Phytonutrients: alpha-carotene, asparagine, asparasaponins, cyanidins, inulin, kaempferol, lutein, quercetin, rutin, sarsapogenin, and zeaxanthin

No comments:

Post a Comment